Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Counting

This morning we're working on counting. For some reason, C and M both think that it goes, "ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, twenty!" I think they just get so excited about getting close to twenty, that they race for the finish line. So we had a long talk last night about how there is only one right way to count. No, my precious four year old, you can't say whatever random numbers you like, and expect to be an accurate counter. That was a hard lesson. But Andy and I both believe that it's important to teach our children that there are absolutes in life -- right and wrong does exist. And when we're wrong, we need to work hard to get right.


So we're working this morning. We got out our counters, and worked our tails off. (I knew those pocker chips from college days would come in handy!) After they mastered getting to twenty, and even well beyond, I let them play with the chips. I was so impressed with C's tower! I don't think I have the patience and determination to make one that tall. Way to go girls! One more success in life to add to your resumes. I'm so blessed to have such beautiful, hard workers.