Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sleepy Time

I recently got to enjoy a precious moment with my son. When I am training my babies to sleep through the night (which begins day one around here), I don't allow myself to cuddle them to sleep. It's so hard to deny myself, but it's the main reason why they have been able to find such success at an early age. It really is better for them, but it's so hard on me at the time. Especially when my past two babies have been such little snuggle bunnies.

Anyway, the other morning the girls woke up early and headed to the play room. They know not to bother Mom until 7am, but A doesn't quite get it yet. He usually falls back asleep after they leave, but this morning he was up and ready for Mom. At first I was upset because this particular morning was supposed to be a rare "sleep-in" morning for Mom. But I decided to make the most of the interruption. I grabbed A and his sippy cup and headed back to bed. He laid beside me, guzzling down breakfast, while I rested. Then we got to snuggle a bit. My memory gets a little fuzzy at this point, but the pictures testify that it was a beautiful moment. He slept, I slept. It was a perfect "sleep-in" morning.