Monday, July 14, 2008

Good Morning Preacher


I love Sunday mornings around here. On every other morning when the girls wake up, they potty and begin playing in the playroom. They know to stay playing quietly in the playroom until I come get them for breakfast. But Sundays are different; they are allowed to come see us when they wake up. Sundays are the one morning that I am delighted if they happen to wake a little early. We leave the house by 7:30am, so with them waking a little early, it allows us more time to get ready and out the door. (I hate being rushed.) I've never verbalized to them to come let me know when they wake up, but the system has somehow worked its way into our home, and I love it!

So yesterday morning I was in the laundry room ironing when C found me. She was wiping her eyes, just having opened them seconds earlier. We begain our routine morning conversation of good morning, did you have a good night's sleep, etc... M joined us shortly and joined the conversation. After hugs and good mornings C turned to M and said, "M, now let's go and tell our preacher good morning."

How fun. I love my kids and my preacher husband!