Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving #2

Today we celebrated Thanksgiving with Grandma and Grandpa in Sulphur. We had so much fun! The weather was beautiful - warm enough to comfortably sit outside on the patio, but breezy enough to not sweat. It was a wonderful, relaxing afternoon.

Andy's uncle Bill and family were able to come into town. We haven't seen them in a couple of years, so it was a sweet reunion. C, M, and J were thrilled to play with Rachel. They sang songs, did little dances, and played like all little girls ages 2, 3, 4 and 6 will play.

Andy's uncle Rod and family were also there. It was fun to catch up with them, and Victoria was such a doll to entertain the kids much of the afternoon. I'm sure we'll be hitting her up for babysitting soon!

Andy's grandmother was able to make the trip, which made the day special for all of us. As a mother of 11 kiddos, she's a walking book of knowledge and wisdom. Any time I'm around her I find myself soaking in everything she says. She's an amazing woman. And even after being so far removed from the "baby years," she still remembers the dangers of toddlerhood. She kept fussing at anyone who would try to give little A a balloon. Then she was on watch, yanking balloons from the kids' mouths. I was so thankful to have her there. I think she and I both left with a pocketful of confiscated balloons.

So with 19 hungry bellies present, we needed food!! And it was all so great. Grandpa made his famous cajun stuffing. Grandma made her famous broccoli casserole. I think that may be all that Andy ate; those are his two favorites. No really, I had to master those dishes before he would marry me. Of course we also had 4 types of meat, sweet potatoes, fruit salad, green salad, cranberry relish (new dish that I love!), and desserts. The girls had so much fun eating and eating and eating. Honestly, their little tummies looked pregnant like mine!

We had such a great Thanksgiving celebration! Andy and I think this year's Thanksgiving just might be the best we've had yet. The only think that would have made it over the top would have been to see "Uncum" Jim, Aunt Kara, and Jim-Jim. But hey, Christmas is right around the corner!

You'll notice we don't have any pictures to capture the day's events. Oops. I got the camera out and was struggling to get it turned on. I couldn't figure it out. I just knew I was pushing the "on" button. Victoria came to the rescue and showed me that I was indeed pushing the right button, but a camera without a battery can only take you so far. Yeah, big oops.