Saturday, November 29, 2008

Upset Tummy

It's just another day in the life of mothering a 1, 2, 3 and 4 year old.

Thanksgiving was so wonderful, but we're still recovering. The kids aren't used to eating lots of rich food, so their little tummies have been upset. An upset tummy in little ones usually manifests itself with diarrhea or as the girls call it "tee tee out the back." And boy have we had it. And with three little girls still mastering the "wipe," lots of diarrhea usually leads to sore bottoms.

So M asked me for some cream because her bottom was sore. I take her to the changing table to fix her up. No big deal so far. Then I hear J whining saying her tummy hurts. I tell her to go potty because she probably needs to poo poo. I hear her call from the bathroom, "Yep. That's it Ma." Still no big deal. I've found the cream for M and begin to lather her up. But then J comes running into the playroom with pants around her ankles, crying, "Ma! Ma! A's eating my poo poo!"

The scene: I've got M on the table, cream on my fingers, J crying hysterically, and apparently my precious little A eating poo poo in the bathroom. I rarely do this, but it was necessary. I cried out, "Andy! I need you!" Thankfully he came running and rescued A from his mouthful of poo. It's in these times that I am so grateful that God's plan included a mommy and a daddy.