Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy 7th!

Guest Blog: Andy

Dear Lydia Marie,

Happy seventh anniversary, my love! Can you believe it’s been seven years? It feels like it was just yesterday that we tied the knot, but at the same time it’s hard to remember life before marriage. How did I survive and enjoy life without you? My mother used to tell me that I’d know when I met my future wife because I wouldn’t be able to live without her. And that certainly was the case when I met you. You complete me. You make me a better man. You bring so much joy into my life. You are the joy of my life. Beautiful. Godly. Submissive. Supportive. Intelligent. Athletic. Musical. Clean and organized. Stylish. Fun. Wise. It becomes more obvious every day that you are definitely God’s answer to my daddy’s prayers while I was growing up: “Lord, please raise up a wonderful, godly wife for my son.”

Seven years is a long time, but it’s only the beginning. I don’t know about you, but my love and devotion for you are stronger now than ever. I’m still just a rookie at loving and leading you properly, but I’d like to think that I’m better at it now than ever before. I look forward to many more years of life with you. I want to take you (just you) on a seven-day cruise. I want to build our dream home together. I want to stay in a cabin in Colorado together during the winter. And so much more! And who knows, maybe God will give us some more babies. Can you believe we already have five? Aren’t they the best little treasures in the whole wide world? After three I felt a little overwhelmed, but after A, and then E, I think God has grown my heart for five more! I love the challenge of being their father, and of providing the ideal environment for their development. When they reach eighteen, let’s have them ready to take on the world for Jesus Christ!

I love you, my Lydia. You’re my best friend. I wish I could just put you in my pocket and keep you with me all day every day. I just know that 2009 is going to be our best year of marriage, family, and ministry together. You’ll always be my number one.

Semper Fidelis,

Andy