Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Birthday!

So what does a father of 5 do to celebrate his birthday?

First, he sleeps in ... to 7 AM! Then as he greets his son at the crib, he gets slammed with the stench of poo. Off to the changing table. After cleaning up a messy diaper, he decides the boy needs a bath. And hey, why not throw 3 more in the tub while we're at it?! After bathing the kids and helping them get dressed, he settles into his recliner to hold and shush the baby to sleep.

Happy 29th Birthday Andy!

Life is fast and furious, but Andy made three comments throughout the day that I want us to remember.

"Ooh... now this is nice. The perfect start to my birthday." (in the morning while sitting in the recliner with E)

"I'm 29 - the last year of my 20's. But hey, what other 29 year old can you think of that has 5 beautiful children. I'm way ahead of the game." (during our I-Hop breakfast)

"Thanks hon. This is heaven for me. It's a beautiful day. I'm sitting outside in the sunshine, surrounded by my beautiful, healthy family. I've got a great, new book. This is the life." (this afternoon while at the park)

Life is good, really good. We're so blessed. And now we even have a programmable coffee maker! Andy can wake up to coffee rather than waiting for it to brew! Thanks Nana! Andy is beyond thrilled with his new coffee maker. It's already programmed and ready for tomorrow morning!