Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Missing Nana

We were in the truck, leaving Nana's house. We had made it about 30 minutes out of DeRidder when I heard *sniff sniff* *sniff sniff sniff* *sniff sniff*. What in the world? I turned around and saw C, tears running down her face. She was weeping.

Me: C hon. What's wrong?
C: It's not just me Mom. It's all of us. We just miss Nana so much.

Then I look around and see M and J frantically trying to wipe away the fast flowing tears. We talk a little while about how much we love Nana, and how it's hard to leave, and how we'll have to plan another trip to DeRidder soon, and how maybe we can call Nana later, etc... Problem solved, right? I thought so.

But about 20 minutes later, Andy glances back and sees J crying.

Andy: What's wrong my J? Why are you crying?
J: I'm just so sad Dad.
Andy: Why are you sad? What happened?
J: I just miss Nana. That's why I sad. I want Nana.

My girls love their Nana. I've even been told by M that Nana is a lot nicer than me, and for that I am so grateful.