Monday, March 30, 2009

Grocery Day!

Grocery shopping is far from my favorite task. I go early in the morning before the kids wake up. The workers at the store are usually stocking the shelves, and aren't too happy to see me. There aren't too many of us crazies shopping before the sunrise. So since the task is right up there with scrubbing toilets (which I probably like better), I do major grocery shopping twice a month. For a family of seven, that means a trunk full.

I get home right before the girls wake up, and I wait until they are awake to help unload all the groceries (minus the bread). They are such a big help! They carry the bags to me in the kitchen, and I begin putting things away while they make their trips back and forth. Then when the bags get too far to reach, C climbs into the trunk and hands the bags to M and J.

I don't know what I would do without my little helpers. I couldn't make it.