Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Midnight Conversations

Andy and I are truly blessed. All of our children are great sleepers. Most people assume we live a life of interrupted nights, but it's actually the complete opposite. Very rarely does someone get up in the middle of the night. My bladder bothers me more than my children.

But last night was one of those rare nights. M came to our bedroom shortly after midnight. She announced that something was touching her hand, and it was really bothering her. Hmm ... my sleepy mind tried to think as Andy reached out to love on her.

Me: Maybe it's a fly, hon. There was one in the living room,
bothering me earlier this evening. Maybe it went to your room.

M: No. It can't be a fly, because this thing is touching my hand
and pulling me off the bed.

Ok, that's just scary. Good thing Dad handles the "scary" around here. I just rolled over and went back to sleep while Andy went to check for extra hands in the kids' bedroom.