Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Once was lost...

but now been found!I found my watch and wedding ring! It's been missing since last Tuesday night. Most nights I sleep with my watch and ring on. I only take the pair off to shower. But when I shower, I link the ring onto the watch so one of my precious lil' chillins can't send my ring flying down the drain.
After my shower Wednesday morning, I was in a hurry (as usual). I needed to tend to the kids so I quickly got dressed, neglecting to put on my watch and ring. No biggie. I returned later in the morning to retrieve my treasures, but they were not on the lavatory. No biggie once again. I assumed I had placed them on my dresser. And later after looking on the empty dresser, I began to get concerned. After a couple days, my concern turned to worry. As of Sunday, I had decided it got thrown out with the trash. (A's good at that.)
But I hated to give up the search. After looking all of the places I would have put it, I determined that if it was in the house, it was low, on A's level. So Monday morning I decided to turn myself into A. This was my last attempt before giving up. I searched all his hiding places, under the couch, in the bookshelf drawer, in the game cabinet, under my bed, etc... Still no luck. Then I put all my efforts into searching my bathroom. (A loves opening the drawers.) I opened the bottom drawer and began cleaning it out, putting rubber bands back into place, when I saw it. It was beautiful, and almost glowing in the back of the drawer. It was my watch with beloved wedding ring attached! That booger of a boy had stashed it deep!
I ran to tell Andy and the big girls, and we all cheered together. Even A joined in the excitement.