Friday, July 15, 2011

I LOVE my kids!

 Yes, they can be little toots, but to be honest, most of the time I am amazed with their levels of obedience, respect, concern, patience, flexibility, and gratefulness.  They are precious, and so much fun to be with.  I truly do treasure every day with them... my babies.
On this particular morning, the pantry/fridge was bare.  No oatmeal.  No eggs to make our waffles, muffins, or biscuits.  No cereal for a special treat. Not even plain bread for toast.  I was in a bind, and it was crunch time with six hungry little ones!
I remembered there was a stash of grits in the back of the pantry, left over from my iron demanding pregnancies.  As I climbed to locate them, I said a prayer pleading for them to please be there and be edible.  Yes!  We had grits!  
I was preparing myself for the complaining whines of GRITS?!  I WANT (fill in the blank with anything other than grits.)  But instead I was greeted with not only contentment, but excitement.  The kids didn't even know what they were getting since I have faithfully avoided filling six bowls of quickly drying cement that's a pain to clean.  But even with limited knowledge, they all ate it and loved it.  Crisis averted.  Thanks to grits, apples, and raisin bread.