Friday, July 22, 2011

We made it!


 
Today C completed 1st grade, and M finished Kindergarten.  
I'm so proud of my little ladies!  We finished ahead of schedule, because these girls kept begging to do more school!

Not only do I love having my children at home with me, but I truly enjoy teaching them as well. And I think they love it too!  Last night I was talking with the Three Bigs about life, money, and priorities.  I explained to them that I could go get a job.  Then we would have more money, and I could buy them more toys, we could go out to eat more often, they could go to a "real" school, etc...  I was overjoyed when they interrupted me with frightened voices urging me not to go to work.  They exclaimed, "But I like being here with you.  I don't want you to leave us.  But you're the best teacher, Mom.  I don't want more toys, I want you."  Wow.  What encouraging words.

I may not be the most creative, and I am certainly not the smartest, but I do have six little ones who long for their mommy.  And that's work I will gladly perform, regardless of pay, regardless of the disapproval of others.  Thank you Lord for providing such a great life!     

Congratulations C and M!
You girls amaze me.
I am so proud of you!