Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fresh Eggs!

 Andy's uncle has a farm that I have yet to see.  The kids sneak away with Grandma and Grandpa from time to time, so I have heard all about it.  They like to run around and pet the sheep, and in the springtime baby lambs.  But the most fascinating thing for them may be watching the hens lay eggs.  They come home with vivid descriptions of the hens pushing out the egg, and the kids rushing to grab it while it's still warm.  I was told that as M grabbed an egg, she looked back at Grandma, with egg in hand and said, "Let's eat!"  And boy do we.  
When the kids spend some time at the farm, they come home with eggs, eggs, and more eggs.  I've had to get creative in how to take advantage of all these fresh eggs.  And quiche is probably our favorite.  I like that they freeze - and then bake - easily.  No wasted eggs here!
Thanks Uncle John!  We love your eggs!