Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Thanks Scott!

Wow! This was so huge! Just another trial along the journey to a healed arm. With my husband's arm broken, I've had to assume responsibility for many of his regular tasks. One I wasn't particulary looking forward to was yard wark.


Don't get me wrong. I'm perfectly capable. I could even possibly grow to enjoy the time consuming, sweat producing task. No, probably not. But at least I was open to discovering a new love. I was planning on mowing the lawn, when our dear friend S came to the rescue.


He's a true friend. He simply asked what he could do to help us. And then later I heard from his wife that she wanted to come with him to help out. He asked her to please not take away from his blessing - that he really wanted to do this. And get this, he'll be returning to do it again!


He came to mow last week, and not only was our yard taken care of, but he provided the evening entertainment for the girls! They stood in the window and watched. And when he went to the backyard, they followed him, peering from a new window.

Fun times ... great friends. I would hate to do life without them. Thanks S.