Thursday, May 22, 2008

So blessed

One section of our attic is filled with containers of clothes. I rarely ever buy clothes for any of the kids. At least once a month, someone gives us an assortment of clothes. With four growing little ones, we can put almost any size to use. I'm able to take all the donated clothes and catergorize them according to the containers. We have clothes set aside for C when she'll turn 8 - another 4 years from now! God is so good. This is just another example of how He provides. And a great reminder that many times He uses us (people) to fulfill His plan. Sidethought - are you allowing God to use you to be a blessing in someone else's life?

Well this morning I was once again reminded of His provision. A's growing, and needed his 12 month clothes from the attic. Check out all of his "new" clothes! (Any clothes coming down from the attic are called "new" by the girls.) There's a good chance he won't get around to wearing some of this because he's got so much. How many pairs of shorts does a 7 month old need?! I even set some aside, in the good chance that we may have another boy before God's done birthing life through me.

So thank you to all those who pass along unneeded clothes. We gladly wear them. Hand me downs are the norm around here. That reminds me of a conversation between C and M that I overheard the other day. It went something like this:

M: "Oh C. That is such a pretty shirt. I wish I had a shirt like that."
C: "It's okay M. You will have a shirt like this one day. When I get too big for it, you'll get to wear it!"
M: "Oh Oh Oh! That's terrific!" while jumping up and down squeling.
J: "I so essited!" with hands covering her mouth. (She's so excited about everything these days.)