Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Rotten bananas!




We love rotten bananas! Actually, they're not quite rotten -- just too ripe to enjoy in a smoothie or by themselves. If a banana is a little too far beyond its prime, you can imagine the mess it becomes in little hands. Baby food anyone?


We rarely get to experience rotten bananas at our house. I tend to hear more grumbling at the lack of bananas. Yes, I buy at least 3 bunches when grocery shopping, but we just tend to eat them quicker than the next scheduled trip to WalMart. (And heaven forbid I make an extra trip to the store between scheduled trips. Not only would that be the end of me, but our budget also.)


But this morning I noticed we had 6 bananas quickly approaching their finale. I just had to swipe two of them for my favorite banana nut muffins. I'm so excited! I love banana nut muffins! And I'm afraid I've passed my love for them on to my girls. They are so giddy, just waiting for them to cool a bit. (I've already snagged a bite. Shh... I can handle a burned tongue much better than them.) So thanks again Mom for your banana nut muffin recipe. It has once again brought much joy into an otherwise ordinary middle of the morning.