Saturday, October 25, 2008

2 year olds

I love 2 year olds - the whole year of being 2. We've yet to experience the "terrible 2's." We usually don't get "terrible" until 3 around here. But my 2 years olds have been such sweethearts, and very compliant for the most part.

Like tonight, I explained to the girls that is was time to clean the playroom. Then I walked back to the kitchen to finish straightening up (the never-ending job). J followed me to the kitchen, and we had the following conversation.

Me: "J, I need you to go help your sisters clean up the playroom."
J: "Well Ma. I don't want to clean up. I want to go ice skating."
Me: "Oh... you want to go ice skating?"
J: "Yeah Ma. I know how to do that. I good ice skater."
Me: "I'm sure you are sweetie, but right now we need to clean the playroom and get ready for bed."
J: "OK Ma. That's a good idea."

Then she trotted off to the playroom. I hope she dreams of ice skating tonight.