Monday, October 27, 2008

Busted

I've been busted. But hey, at least we have evidence that the girls are getting it. The other night at dinner I was busted twice. And then yesterday in the truck, I was busted once again.

We were sitting at the table eating dinner when I heard M say, "Mom! Mom! Don't put your elbows on the table!" Ahh ... yes. We did teach them that one, and now it's coming back to bite us. Strike one.

Then not two minutes later I hear J exclaim, "Oh Ma. Don't talk with your mouth full." Oops. Another no-no. Strike two. I'm just setting the example lately - the example of what not to do.

Then in the truck Andy and I were talking. I can't even remember what story he was telling me, but I said, "Oh my gosh!" Yep, another no-no, and C piped up, "Mom! Mom! You said 'oh my gosh.' Next time you should say something like 'oh my' or 'oh my goodness.' It's not very nice to say 'oh my gosh.'" Strike three.


Yep. That's me - the all star player of the week. I'm striking out left and right.

I've always believed that part of God's plan is to grow us through our children. It takes quite a bit of character to endure the correction of a snotty nosed 2 year old. And I'm afraid I'll be enduring more as I've got a lot more growing to do.