Thursday, November 20, 2008

Danger Zone

We've arrived yet again. And every time we get to this point I shed a few tears.
It's no longer safe to leave A alone in his highchair for any amount of time. Even with the tray squeezed firmly against his tummy, he can escape. He wiggles this way and that until he finds himself standing up. Then he's so excited he usually begins jumping up and down. No, that would not be safe. That would even cross the line into dangerous.

And of course the high chair was not designed to allow this. It came complete with a cloth padding in which the lap belt could be fed through the holes in the pad to safely secure the baby. But do you know how quickly that cloth padding gets dirty?! It's so much easier to wipe down wood, rather than fabric. So it's my choice. I threw that dirty mess away, so I've created this dilemma.

But it works for us. Before we know he'll be forced to sit in a booster chair as Baby #5 takes over the highchair. Until then, I've just got to keep a watchful eye on my big boy.