Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Sweet M

The funniest things come out of my sweet M's mouth.

While shopping for produce I hear M say, "Oh no Mom. Oh no!" I stop and kneel beside her and ask, "What is it M? Did you hurt yourself, sweetheart?" She replies, "No Mom. It's these toots. I just can't get them to stop coming out." I say, "It's okay hon. Just try not to, but if one comes out, just say 'excuse me.'" She responds, "OK Mom." Then we start walking again and I hear, "Oops, excuse me. Oops, oops, I'm so sorry. Excuse me. Uh oh, excuse me" with every step we take.

While loading the kids in the truck after church Sunday I hear M ask, "Mom, can we go to Mrs. 'Barba's' house for lunch?" I explain, "Oh no sweetheart. I'm sorry. We don't have newcomer's lunch today. We are going home to eat lunch." M says, "But Mom, I really, really want to eat at Mrs. 'Barba's' house today. Can you just drop me off? She'll feed me my lunch."

While stepping out of the shower I hear M say, "Mom Mom! You've got to come see this! C has red berries in her poo poo!" Ummm... not exactly. That would be the skin of red kidney beans from the chili last night, but M is thrilled by it.

While riding home after picking up lunch from McDonald's I hear M ask, "Hey Mom! I saw you take that fry. How come you get to eat a fry?" I answer, "Because I'm the Mommy, and mommies get to do things like that." M says, "Oh that's great! Maybe one day when I get to be a mommy, I can sneak a fry too. I'd really like that."