Monday, November 17, 2008

DFW Summer Fun


This past summer we were able to go to DFW for a week. My family had scheduled a reunion around July 4th, so we went early to make a family vacation out of it, and we had so much fun!

There are certain things we just have to do when we visit DFW. Andy says we must browse Half-Price Books and eat at least one meal at Jack in the Box. I say we cannot leave until I eat at El Fenix. I mean, the night I went into labor with C I ate at El Fenix. I remember breathing through some contractions during the meal! So we have a pretty tight bond. Those are nonnegotiable and of themselves make the trip worthwile, but beyond that we did some really fun things.
We visited our old townhouse in Ft Worth and even got out to let the girls play on the old playground that was right outside our back door. C and M were 18 months and 6 months when we moved away, so they didn't remember any of it. We also took a kiddie train ride through the park. The ride was about 30 minutes long, with a stop halfway to purchase popcorn and sno-cones. And we had one big financial splurge. We visited the Dallas World Aquarium!! Andy and I have only been once, and that was when I was pregnant with our first, C. We both wanted to revisit old memories, and we knew the girls would absolutely love it. And we were thrilled that "Uncum" Jim and Aunt Kara were able to bring little Jim-Jim to join us! It was a blast! And the time spent with family was incredible. There was lots of good food, tons of games, and probably a little too much fun at times. Here are some pics from the week.

After that fun-filled week, we were all feeling a little pooped.