Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Playing with A

I went grocery shopping, but never imagined I was bringing home A's new favorite toy. He loved these empty coke boxes! He played with them for about an hour. I was able to finish putting the groceries away, then sit and play with him.
When Andy saw me sitting on the floor, playing with A, he said he remembered the days when J was my little side-kick. It's so neat to watch the kids grow from being attached to my hip, following me around the house, wanting to be in the same room as me, to growing in independence and venturing outside or to the playroom.
A is on the verge of giving up his side-kick role. From time to time, he'll disappear to play in the playroom for a bit, then come back to find me. Pretty soon he'll be running, trying to get away from me.