Thursday, December 18, 2008

Go Cajuns!

Wow. Andy and I experienced such a treat - a rare night away from all the kiddos! He called middle of the morning and asked if there was any way I could find a babysitter for that night. WHAT?! It's hard enough to find a babysitter for all our children, and adding on the factor of last minute was seemingly impossible. I was quite doubtful.

But God is so good. I called our #1 sitter, and she was available!! Actually, she even canceled her evening plans for us! HUGE thanks to Leslie!! Not only did she come through for us, but the girls absolutely adore her. I waited until after naptime to tell them that Miss Leslie was coming to watch them, but probably should have waited even longer. They were so thrilled it was hard to keep them calm all afternoon. And when she arrived the girls said, "Ok Mom and Dad. You can go now." No "I'm going to miss you," or "I love you," just a simple "go now."

And we had a blast. Someone had extra tickets to the ULL basketball game. That in itself is an amazing treat for us. But these weren't ordinary tickets. No, they were in the box suite. Yes, a room full of comfortable chairs - and get this, a potty!! (I know it's silly to be so excited about a nearby potty, but it's a frequent necessity at this stage of my pregnancy.) The wait-staff brought drinks, chips and dip, popcorn, cookies, etc... We could either watch the game on the floor below, or on the television in the room. It was so much fun! As we were leaving, one of the first things Andy said was, "Boy, I'd really love to have one of those one day. Lydia, if we ever strike it rich, let's get one." Yeah, so I guess now we're just waiting for the "strike it rich" phase.

Oh yeah, and we won - big time, by 28 points. Go Cajuns!!