Friday, December 19, 2008

Humpty Dumpty

Whenever someone is over at the house, we tend to hang out in the kitchen. Lots of true, deep, intimate fellowshiping among friends has happened around our kitchen island. And Andy and I frequently find ourselves hanging out and talking in the kitchen as well. I don't know why. It's certainly not the most comfortable room in our home, but it does somehow foster communication. It's another one of those mysteries that just doesn't make sense.
But lately I can't take standing up for too, too long. Neither can my ankles for that matter. So I've found my perfect resting place on the counter, in the corner. It just seems to fit my body these days. I can't close my legs around my growing belly, and the corner spot gives it plenty of room. It's so relaxing to let my legs dangle in the air, and I can lean back on the cabinets if necessary. It was my favorite spot, until last night.
I was perched in comfort heaven when Andy looked at me. He gave a strange look and said, "Wow. You really look like Humpty Dumpty sitting there."
I didn't say it, but my thoughts were: Are you completely nuts?! Right now I feel the size of 3 elephants, and you really think it's okay to say I look like Humpty Dumpty?! You better be careful, or I might just have one of those pregnancy breakdowns, and you'll be spending the next 2 hours comforting me back to emotional stability. I can't believe what I just heard! And to think it came out of your mouth, my lover, my best friend.
But once again, in all honesty, I probably did look a lot like Humpty Dumpty. Just looking at the picture above proves it. I could paint a face on my tummy and pull off his look with ease. Humpty doesn't have anything on me.
Thank you Lord for giving me a good sense of humor. It's really come in handy with me being pregnant the last 6 years.