Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Guest Blog: Andy, Daddy
Happy 4th Birthday, my little M,

I'm at work right now thinking about you. You should just be stirring around this morning, and I'm sure Mom has the house decked out for you with banners and gifts, and a special birthday breakfast. I can't wait to see you. Later on today we're going to have cake and open lots of presents and then take you to eat and play at Chic Fil A. And then tonight I'm going to make you some homemade popcorn, and we can watch a special movie together (and snuggle up close).

M, I absolutely adore you. God has made you so special, and unique. You're very different from your siblings. You love to make people laugh by saying funny things and acting goofy. Very cute. And you love to get tickled. You're very ticklish on your knees (horsey bite corn!). I love your sense of humor, and I hope and pray that you keep it. It's important in life to not take yourself too seriously, but to relax and have fun. No matter what you're going through, it will be easier if you make the choice to smile, find the humor in any situation, laugh, and make others laugh. Life is an awesome adventure; have a blast!

And you're very smart. You speak clearly and have a large vocabulary already. You began talking at a very early age. I remember that it was the hardest thing for you to learn how to make the "K" sound. You used to say cute things like "titty tat" (kitty cat). But you've grown, and now you have no problem saying anything. And that's the way life is going to be for you, I'm sure. Like everyone, you will face struggles, and problems, and roadblocks. But if you just keep growing, and trying, and never give up, you will conquer anything life throws your way.

M, your mother and I are dedicated to being the best parents we can be for you. That's why your mother has chosen to be a stay-at-home mother. For you. That's why we're going to homeschool you. It's because we want the very best for you. Our biggest goal for you is that you would come to trust in Jesus Christ at a very early age, like your mother in me. Your mother was about 7, and I was about 10. And because we trusted in Christ at an early age, life has been awesome. He helped us have fun in school. He helped us excel in school and athletics. He helped us to stay healthy and to stay out of trouble. He helped us to get scholarships in college. He helped us to stay pure and save ourselves for marriage. He helped us to find each other. He helped us to find our purpose in life. And He gave us you - our precious M. If you trust in Christ, He will take care of you and help you live the best life possible.

It's my prayer that we would best friends for life, M. I want you to always be able to trust me, to be able to tell me anything. I want us to have a blast together. And I want to help you fulfill your potential. Most of all, I want to help to find your purpose in life early on, so that as soon as possible you can begin heading full speed toward God's destiny for you. I know God has great things in store for you. I know He will use you to accomplish great things. Just keep Him first. I love you M. You're precious to me. And I will do anything to protect you, provide for you, and set you up for a successful life. If you ever need anything, even if it's just someone to talk to, cry with, or have fun with, I'm always there for you. Always. Happy birthday. May this day be the best birthday yet!

Daddy

Andy and M