Monday, December 29, 2008

196

196. That's the number of boards that make up the kids' new playset. 196. And how many of these boards come labeled? Well, all of them have a "label" meaning that all of them are referred to by a letter of the alphabet (almost 3 times through.) But none of them actually come labeled.

No, that would be my job. Before you can even think about starting to build, you have to analyze and measure each board and correctly label it. And be careful because some of the boards are exactly the same (same width, same pre-drilled holes in the exact same places) except for a difference of half an inch in length. And that half an inch is HUGE when it comes to putting the playset together.

So today was a very tedious day. I had 196 boards to anazlyze and match according to pages similar to the one below. But not only did I get all the boards organized, I labeled and set out the hardware as well! We are ready to begin building Wednesday morning!I really wish I would have captured all my work on film, but I've been too busy to take pictures. There's no room in the garage for cars - it's completely full of cedar, hardware, tools, and parts. All organized, though. I'm excited, except for the fact that my garage smells like one big hamster cage.