Sunday, December 28, 2008

More Christmas Gifts

Christmas day was so much fun. We laughed and laughed and laughed. Everything seemed to be funny. Opening presents is always so much fun.

Here's J getting into her special box from Aunt Joan. Oh, what's that on top? A recorder. Yes, the favorite musical instrument of all children. I was delighted when our previous one recently broke. Wow Aunt Joan, do you hate me? Do you know what pleasant sound I hear every morning? TOOT TOOT! No honestly, I love it. I love that the girls have so much fun making music. J went to town on her new recorder.
And here's M showing off her new outfit. The girls love getting new clothes, and they got lots this year. At one point M started tossing me all her new clothes so I could fold them. As she tossed she said, "And here's my new pretty shirt. And this is another pretty shirt. And I really like this pretty shirt."

The girls checking out the playset from Nana. There was no way for us to put it up before Christmas, and keep it a surprise. So we printed out pictures of the playset and taped them to the box. Then we covered the box with a tarp and added a giant red bow. The girls were thrilled to finally pull the tarp off and see what was under it. What fun!
The adults waited until after the kids were in bed to open their gifts. And we decided to go in order by age, starting with Nana. She's a hoot. Jim and Kara got her an amazing Coach wallet. It's gorgeous and a true treat for Nana. #1 - She would never splurge on such a nice item. #2 - She would never splurge on a new wallet for herself. Yes, the one she has is falling apart (and has been doing so for a couple years), but it still works, somewhat. But what was really funny was that Jim and Kara placed an ornament at the top of the bag. I'm not sure, but it was probably last minute. An afterthought. A little extra they found to place at the top of the bag. But my Mom went nuts! She oohed and awed over the little ball. She was so thrilled with it. We laughed and laughed, all the while waiting for her to get to the real gift. Goes to show you, it doesn't take much to impress a tight-wade.
And here's me opening some new perfume. Sorry for the spread eagle look, but as you notice the baby has taken over leg area and something had to give. But the real fun came when my Mom realized the blooper she made. For quite some time she has worn this perfume that I love. So she got me a bottle for Christmas. I was so thrilled I put some on immediately. Yum Yum, love it! So Andy said, "Hey. I want to smell you. (sniff sniff) Oh yeah, Mrs.Rita. I recognize that. She smells like you." My Mom said, "Oh no" as she put the pieces together. Then she said, "I'm so sorry Andy. It's probably not a good idea that your wife smell like your mother-in-law." Then she spilled the beans by announcing to Jim, "And it's certainly not good that your wife is going to smell like your mommy. I'm so sorry guys. I didn't even think about it!" We laughed and laughed. But I'm still wearing my perfume. And good thing, Andy loves it too!