Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Playhouse fun

The kids absolutely love their new playhouse. (Thanks Uncle Jim and Aunt Kara!) Sometimes it's a home, but most of the time it's a diner. C, M, and J are fascinated with fast food; the speed of the food prep amazes them. And they think the people that work in the fast food industry are beyond cool. They all aspire to be "food ladies" when they grow up.
One afternoon they were all playing outside when I heard a very loud, obnoxious scream from J. It was the J scream that says, "One of my big sisters did something to me that I just don't like at all!" I went outside to investigate. As I was approaching the playhouse, I overheard C lecturing J. So I walked to the window and started up a conversation.
Me: Excuse me ladies. I heard a loud scream, and some shouting. I just thought I would come check things out and see what all the commotion is about.
C: Well, you see. Here's the problem. Look at J's feet! They are so dirty, and she keeps coming into my house and putting grass all over the place. Look at this floor! It's filthy! She can't come in here and make the house dirty like this!
And C was dead serious. She was on her hands and knees picking up blades of grass and tossing them out the door. I've got to get the girl a broom so she can keep her house/diner clean.