Thursday, October 8, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Guest Blog: Andy, Dada
Happy Birthday A Jr.!

Two years old today. You're getting so big and strong and manly already. I look forward to the days when you and I can battle it out man to man, one on one on the basketball court. The way you're growing it won't be long.
I want to try to impart some wisdom to you, my beloved son. Philippians 3:8 is what comes to mind. "Everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage so that I could gain Christ."
Life is all about Jesus. Being God, he created you, died to save you, loves you more than you can even love yourself, and has an amazing plan for you. Your life is all about Jesus and him alone. Discard everything else, my son. Pleasure, prestige, power, position, purse, -- discard it all for Jesus. Don't allow anything or anyone to come between you and Jesus. You can do a lot of great and fun things in this world, but they are all worthless if not in and for Christ.
There's no better way to live your life than in Christ, for Christ. As your grandma and grandpa always say: "Following Jesus isn't an alternative lifestyle; it is the superior lifestyle."
Your mother and I love you dearly and are so very proud of you. We thank God for giving you to us. You bring us such joy. Our prayer is not that you grow up to be like us, but that you grow up to be just like the Christ that you see shining through us.May God bless you this year with joy, with good health, with more and more wisdom, and with your family's growing love.

Your Daddy,
Andy