Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Laundry Day!


Today is just another laundry day around here. You would think that with a family of six that I'm always doing laundry. But it's actually not all that demanding or time consuming. I've created a plan, and if I continue to work that plan, it works for us.
The plan is pretty simple. Tuesday morning is a heavy wash day. I try to have the first load going before the kids wake up. The goal is to have ALL the laundry done by lunch on Wednesday. By the way, completing the laundry doesn't mean just having clean clothes -- those clean clothes have to be put where they belong. Then I do absolutely no laundry on Thursday or Friday unless, of course there's a special need. (I do still live in the days of blow outs.) Saturday morning I make sure to wash my husband's clothes. This isn't absolutely necessary, but I do like for him to have all of his clothing options available for Sunday morning.
So that's that. It's pretty simple, and works well for us. I don't feel burdened by a mountain of clothes, and everyone always has something clean to wear.
It does help that I have a few special helpers. My girls love laundry days! And as they get older and older, I'm able to allow them to do more and more. They really are a great help, and I have fun working with them.