Thursday, June 5, 2008

Best of buds

Ever since A was born, J has been by his side. She was fascinated with him during infancy, and now that he's beginning to really play, she's having the time of her life. She likes to take care of him, mainly getting him toys to play with. She frequently talks to him, and is always the first to run to him if he is crying. Seeing them side by side today helped me remember a funny moment from A's short life.

A, J and I were in the playroom doing our thing - rolling around loving on each other. C and M were playing Candy Land in the living room. A squabble began. I can't quite remember the specifics of the fight, but I'm pretty certain it had to do with someone eating someone else's imaginary candy.

Anyway, I leave A and J for just a minute to help resolve the candy issue. I couldn't have been gone for more than a couple minutes. But when I return, I find A completely naked. No, he was not naked when I left him. He had on a diaper, a onesie, and 2 socks. But here my son was, lying on the floor naked, with his big sister J hovering over him. What was she doing and what is all that white stuff? Yes, she was wiping his unmentionables with cream. I captured the event with photos, but with the nudity and all, I decided to keep it in the family.
J and A - inseparable, best of buds.