Wednesday, June 25, 2008

So close ... yet so far



So close ... yet so far.

J was running around bottomless this morning. The urge to go comes to her so quickly, she doesn't quite have time to pull down panties. So naked we have been. I hear, "Oh Mommy! Oh Mommy!" as I see J running to the bathroom. She doesn't really like an audience, so I stayed back watching from a distance. A cry of "Oh No" leads to a pile of mess (defined as #1 and #2) on the floor at the base of the potty.

Hey, we're getting pretty close! The bathroom floor is a hundred times better than the carpet, especially for this excretion.

And to be honest, success for my precious, stubborn, hard-nosed little J, is her complying to the societal norms of putting human waste into a toilet. She tends to fight everything. I love her independent spunk! But for her doing this (in essence giving up the comfort of all she's ever known - diapers) is a huge step in the right direction.

Way to go J! It won't be long babe!