Monday, August 25, 2008

Bonding over brownies

What's better than a batch of Sunday afternoon brownies?
C was the first to wake up from her nap. It was already getting late, so we decided to get started on the brownies. It was special since it was just C and I in the kitchen, whispering back and forth, as the rest of the house was sound asleep.
C was a big help. She melted the butter in the microwave, then beat in the sugar. I measured the flour, cocoa, and salt, then she poured them in the bowl and mixed it all up. I added the eggs and vanilla while she continued to stir.
She had a blast and recognized she was able to do more since her sisters were sleeping.

But all in all, why help Mom make brownies? To lick the bowl, or course. Just as she was getting into it, J emerged from the bedroom wiping her eyes. C was enjoying the experience so much, she wanted to share the fun with J. She said, "Yeah J! You're up! You can help me lick the bowl. Mom and I just made some brownies." Then she pulled another chair up to the island for J, helped her little sister crawl up, and let J lick her spoon. J soon realized she could go faster on her own, using her fingers.

I love my little ladies!