Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lost

The fam is in Alexandria this week. Andy has a conference and really didn't like the idea of leaving the family behind. It's kind of silly, but Andy and I hate spending nights away from each other. So we're all in Alex.
Finding a hotel was quite an adventure last night. Apparently I am supposed to know where everything is in the city since I lived here (Pineville) for three years during college, but my memory stinks. It's gotten so bad on this trip that I have told Andy to please turn the opposite direction I tell him to. This morning, in the midst of one of my many "leading in the wrong direction" moments, Andy was reminded that God has not called me to lead this family. Thank goodness!
At least we found a great radio station playing tons of favs from the 80's and 90's that eased the tension in the truck. They even played my song! Or at least Andy claimed it was my song of the moment - "Turn Around."
The kids are doing a great job being patient on all my "adventures." I consider it all a great learning experience. I'm just trying to help my little girls grasp the idea that we don't know everything.
I think they got it. C asked this morning, "M, are we lost again?"
Yes babe, we are.