Thursday, August 28, 2008

Great kids!


I just have to praise my little girls. They are doing an amazing job on this trip.
Andy and I have learned that our family requires a suite, especially if we are going to be doing anything other than sleeping. But what's the definition of "suite?" Sometimes is means two completely separate rooms - one with a couple beds, another with couch, chairs, and a kitchen-like area. Other times it means one long room with two beds, couch, mini-fridge and microwave. Obviously the first is ideal for our family.
The later is our home for these couple of days. Not the best set up. Can you imagine being quiet enough on one side of the room to allow a nap on the other? Me either. But we managed!
A really needed a nap, but kept watching the girls play, so I had to roll his crib into the bathroom. At the time I was thinking this isn't going to work because I have a room of 4 ladies with no access to a bathroom. But I was desperate. A was exhausted and really needed to sleep.
But my little ladies were amazing! They whispered, yes whispered for 2.5 hours! After about 1.5 hours they began to complain about needing to potty. But they (and I at this point) continued to hold it for another hour. And they played so well, so quietly. I was amazed.
As soon as Andy got back to the hotel, we rewarded the girls with a trip to the pool. We're having a blast!