Saturday, September 27, 2008


Saturdays are super busy around here. It's Andy's biggest work day, so I've made it my biggest work day as well, to make sure I stay out of his hair.

So Saturday mornings are filled with doing laundry and cleaning house. It's the day I tackle the bathrooms - not a fun task, but it certainly keeps us busy.

And now there's something else to add to Saturday morning - Strawberry Shortcake!! I grew up loving her, and now the girls can enjoy her as well. She comes on local TV right about the time I am ready to mop the floors. She's a great diversion while I get some real work done.

So this morning the girls were playing when it came time to announce the start of the show in 5 minutes. C and M understood, but J got a little lost in the conversation.

Mom: Ok girls. Strawberry Shortcake begins in 5 minutes, so let's hurry and put all our toys away so we'll be ready to watch.

C and M: Oh yes! Hurry hurry hurry! It's coming on!!

J: Oh yes Mom! I will eat that strawberry cake! (jumping up and down)

Mom: No sweetheart. It's not something to eat. It's a show about a little girl named Strawberry Shortcake. We're going to watch it on tv.

J: Well, Ma. What we gonna eat, then?

Mom: We're not eating anything until lunchtime, honey.

J: But I wanted to eat some of that strawberry cake!